Team Special Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volume 43 and 44 (edited)

+14
some
I love manga
gaspershut
ShinySneasel
GamerGoddess
Lolipiece
ShadowGlow
JB2448
PkmnTrainerMark
Macromind101
Manga Reader X
Dreamingflower
LyokoGirl5000
Duke R
18 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Volume 43 and 44 (edited) - Page 8 Empty Re: Volume 43 and 44 (edited)

Post by Manga Reader X Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:48 pm

QC:

Page 4 - Move up 'Gold' a bit. Make 'Johto region', 'Sinjoh Ruins' and 'About the story' bold.
Page 5 - Align 'Crystal' to the right. Make 'Crystal', 'Silver', 'The stage for this volume', 'Ecruteak City' and 'Ruins of Alph' bold.
Page 6 - /a/non used 'Team Rocket Admins', so change 'Rocket Admins' to 'Team Rocket Admins'. Move 'Lance' a little to the left. Try making all the names, 'Faces of the Johto region' and 'Goldenrod Radio' bold. Lower the angle of 'Goldenrod Radio' a little, so that it is positioned like in the RAW scan. Use the same kind of gray tint for 'Goldenrod Radio' that was used in the earlier cleaned version that didn't have the Japanese characters on the van removed. In other words, copy that tint from the JP characters on the van in a previously cleaned version.
Page 7 - Make the text in the two white boxes bold and use about the same font size that was used in the RAW scan.
Page 18 - Put the 3rd panel's SFX vertically to the left side of it and then move the bottom panels' SFXs, so that they are above their corresponding panels.
Page 19, 1st panel - Missing SFX.
Page 20, 1st panel - Missing SFX.
Page 24 - Make 'National Pokédex Number' black with a white stroke effect. Make 'It's apperance this time' bold.
Page 25 - Move the vertical Pokémon HGSS ad a little to the right, so that it is positioned like in the RAW scan. Make the text inside the gray boxes bold.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowGlow Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:27 am

Quote an email regarding page 4/5
page 4 is fully done, the missing text has been typesetted into page 5
The stuff for page 4+5

Right side(meaning pg 4’s side)

(Pokeball icon) About this story—
Young men and women were entrusted with Pokedexes by researchers with authority. These Pokedex Holders get along, fight and grow with together with their pokemon.

Center text(covering both side of the scroll paper on both pages)

The Johto region several years after the "Mask of Ice" incident. The goal of the revived Team rocket was the mysterious pokemon Arceus. Chasing after Arceus who suddenly assaulted him, Gold begins his battle at the Ruins of Alph. Having gathered all the plates there, Silver met up with Chris and broke into the Sinjoh Ruins. However, the thing awaiting them there was a ritual for the creation of Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. At the moment when they thought it was a hopeless situation, unexpected helpers appeared!!

今巻の舞台 = The stage for this volume (page 5 side)
Johto Region (page 4 side)

ShadowGlow

Group : Translation Checker (Japanese)

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:49 am

We should probably have kept the white triangular arrows in the black boxes on page 25...
Could somebody clean up the arrows from the RAW scan, paste it in the right places in the scanlation and change the typesetting in the boxes a little, so that the arrows and the descriptions don't overlap?
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:53 am

Page 20 panel one doesn't have a translated sfx.  Other than that, all done.

EDIT: New zip is currently uploading.

LyokoGirl5000

Group : Typesetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:23 am

QC:

ShadowGlow wrote:Page 4 - Just blank it out to black. The white rounded rec has the katakana for "Pocket Monster Special"
Page 4 - Add this (you'll see where the text is missing when you compare the scanlation to the RAW):
ShadowGlow wrote:Young men and women were entrusted with Pokedexes by researchers with authority. These Pokedex Holders get along, fight and grow with together with their pokemon.
Page 5 - Position 'The stage for this volume' like in the RAW.
Page 6 - Can you lower the angle of 'Goldenrod Radio' a little more, to about the same angle as the black line under it? Move 'Lance' down a little.
Page 7 - Maybe Arial Black is a better font for the chapter list?
Page 10 - Move 'SFX: THUD' to the right, to the middle. Move 'SFX: HEH HEH' to the right, to the middle.
Page 18 - Move 'SFX: KUN' and 'SFX: GYUUMUU' down to the same hight as 'SFX: KU KU'.
Page 19 - Is it possible to give 'SFX: ZZSS BAM' a little bit larger font size?

I love manga is translation checking this chapter, so we should be able to release it soon. In the mean time we'll continue to QC and finetune it.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:52 am

All finished, now uploading new zip.

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:41 pm

QC:

Page 4 - Change 'Pokedexes' to Pokédexes and 'Pokedex' to 'Pokédex' in the newly added text. Add a stroke effect to the newly added text.
Page 5 - Move 'Goldenrod Radio' up a tiny bit, so that it doesn't touch the black line and so that there is a small space between the text and the black line.
Page 7 - Try typesetting the chapter numbers and the chapter titles as two different layers in order to get them positioned as straight as in the RAW. Use a bigger font size as well.
Page 10 - Move 'SFX: THUD' to the left, to the middle of the second panel.
Page 18 - Move 'SFX: ZUPA just a tiny bit to the left.
Page 19 - Move 'SFX: ZZSS BAM' down a little bit.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Done and as usual, the new zip is uploading.

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:48 pm

*Or one could probably also use tab to fix the chapter list.*

Nice. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:37 pm

QC:

Page 4 - Move up the newly added text a tiny bit, so that the text doesn't break the contour of Gold's backpack.
Page 7 - Too big font size. Maybe a smaller font size + bold? The 'CH.' in the HGSS box aren't positioned in a straight line. Move the text in a bit, like in the RAW.
Page 19 - Move 'SFX: ZZSS BAM' up a little bit, to the middle of the white space.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by some Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:57 am

Page 25 arrows - I've kept the arrows on the layer 'arrows copy'. Since I had to clean some things afterwards and thus the layer 'blank' and 'arrows copy' have some other differences as well, it would be great if you could just use the eraser tool on the layer 'blank' where the white arrows should be and then proceed with this
Manga Reader X wrote:change the typesetting in the boxes a little, so that the arrows and the descriptions don't overlap
This would save us this whole upload-download thing, but if there's a problem with that just tell me ^^
some
some

Group : Cleaner

http://somenights.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:07 am

Updated the zip file with the corrections.

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:23 am

Ok. I am currently not at home and it will probably take a few days, at least, before I get home. When I get home I will QC it.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowGlow Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:19 pm

Page 5 - delete that text in the middle, because that's the text meant to be in page 4(which has already been placed in there). You can choose to spread out text that's in the middle of page 4 into 5.
Updated Silver text
A Pokedex Holder possessing the synonym of “Exchanger”. Although, he is burdened with the harsh past concerning his birth, he fights fate with a strong soul fostered in the face of adversity.
Updated center text for page4+5:
The Johto region several years after the "Mask of Ice" incident. The goal of the revived Team rocket was the mysterious pokemon Arceus. Chasing after Arceus who suddenly assaulted him, Gold begins his battle at the Ruins of Alph. Having gathered all the plates there, Silver met up with Chris and broke into the Sinjoh Ruins. However, what was awaiting them there was a ritual for the creation of Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. When the situation seemed to be hopeless, unexpected helpers appeared!!
Page 6 - I love manga notified me about this, I missed out that the last line has changed from the previous volume. Archer's description is now:
The leader of the Team Rocket Admins, who are the top commanders of the new Team Rocket. After having controlled Arceus and executed the ritual of creation, he conspires to control the three legendaries..
Updated Giovanni text:
The boss of Team Rocket. He's an skilled trainer possessing the nickname of "Giovanni of The Land", as well as Silver's father. After fighting Red in the incident concerning Deoxys, his whereabouts became unknown.

page10:
updated dialog: let's properly carry out our mission this time!
updated sfx: change *HEH HEH* to *BZZ BZZ* (or something sparky that you can come up with.) I love manga says it's the sound word for electricity.

ShadowGlow

Group : Translation Checker (Japanese)

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:34 am

Ultra-quick QC:

ShadowGlow wrote:Page 4 - Just blank it out to black. The white rounded rec has the katakana for "Pocket Monster Special"
Page 7 - Move the BW chapters to the right, so that they are positioned straightly under the HGSS chapters. Move the page numbers to the left, so that they are positioned like in the RAW.

I'll do a more thorough QC tomorrow when I have time.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by some Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:29 am

Page 4 right side - Please change 'grow with together with their Pokémon' to 'grow together with their Pokémon', thanks.
some
some

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:29 am

I didn't have time to QC it today. I'll QC it next time I next time I get home. Don't know when that is though...
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:57 am

Updated.

Thanks for sending me the cleaned pages, Some.

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:04 pm

QC:

Page 7 - It's looking quite crammed. Move the page numbers to the right a bit and the chapters to the left a bit to make more room. Can you get a little more room between the rows? Like using the 'Line and Paragraph Spacing' in Word, if Photoshop has some kind of similar function.
Page 9, 5th panel - Move the text in the right speech bubble up, so that it is at the same level as the text in the left speech bubble.
Page 11, 1st panel - Move the text in Crys' speech bubble up and a tiny bit to the right, to the center of the speech bubble.
Page 11, 2nd panel - Why is 'Giovanni!!' in Italic?
Page 12, 1st panel - The '...!' in Lyra's dialogue should all be on the same row. Move down the text in Lyra's speech bubble a little, so that it is in the center of the speech bubble.
Page 12, 3rd panel - Do you have a space between 'He's...' and 'the'? Move down the text in the first speech bubble to the center of the speech bubble.
Page 12, 4th panel - Move the 'But...!' in the middle speech bubble a little bit to the right, to the center of the speech bubble.
Page 13, 2nd panel - Move the text in speech bubble two of three a little to the left, so that there will be more space between it and the text to the right in the combined speech bubble.
Page 14, 4th panel - Move 'Of course.' down a little to the center of the speech bubble.
Page 15, 3rd panel - Move 'Shortsighted.' up a little to the center of the speech bubble.
Page 15, 4th panel - Move the text in the left speech bubble a little bit to the right, in order to bring 'You' out of the frame.
Page 16, 1st panel - Move the text in the right speech bubble down to the center of the speech bubble.
Page 16, 3rd panel - Move the text in the left speech bubble down a little to the center of the speech bubble.
Page 17, 2nd panel - Move the text in the right speech bubble down to the center of the speech bubble.
Page 17, 3rd panel - Move the text in the speech bubble down a little to the center of the speech bubble.
Page 18, 1st panel - Move the text in the speech bubble a little bit to the right and a tiny bit up, to the center of the speech bubble.
Page 19, 2nd panel - Move down the text inside the third speech bubble to the center of the speech bubble.
Page 21, 6th panel - Move the text in the second speech bubble to the right down to the center of the speech bubble.
Page 22, 4th panel - Move the texts, in the two speech bubbles on the right side of the panel, to the centers of their speech bubbles.

Last edited by Manga Reader X on Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:33 am; edited 3 times in total
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:21 am

All fixed except for page 4. If I blank out the space, I can't edit the text anymore. So, I'll save that for last. New zip uploading...

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:04 am

Ok. Thanks for enduring all the QCs. Smile
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:09 am

Thanks for being so patient.  Before joining this group, I only did typesetting for myself and I didn't care much about the quality.  Now, I think I have a good idea of what I should do when I typeset.  Hopefully I can do better from the start next time! For now, I'll continue with chapter 457.

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:30 am

Yeah. Since we can't release it before it has been fully TLCed, we might as well improve the quality of other aspects while we wait.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by some Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:46 am

Page 6 - Giovanni's text says "ThThe boss ..."
some
some

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:35 pm

I uploaded the fixed file separately from the zip.

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next