Team Special Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Restructure of Team Special Scans

+4
sanigo
zorua
petermueller88
Manga Reader X
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Restructure of Team Special Scans - Page 2 Empty Re: The Restructure of Team Special Scans

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:25 am

So, what's going on with the new translator?

LyokoGirl5000

Group : Typesetter

Back to top Go down

The Restructure of Team Special Scans - Page 2 Empty Re: The Restructure of Team Special Scans

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:10 am

He will get to it when he can. I don't want to stress him.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:12 am

Okay.

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:54 am

Any news on the translation? Not rushing him or anything, it's just been really quiet here.

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:43 am

I'm trying to get a status update from the new translator. He is online on a daily basis but hasn't replied yet.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:57 pm

I just chatted with the translator. He said that he is going to be busy with real life for about a week and after that he should have more time for translating.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Vchanfan Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:21 am

Just thought I would check in to ask how everything is going? Smile
Vchanfan
Vchanfan

Group : Cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:04 am

I'm trying to contact the translator. Hopefully he'll have time now.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Fri May 02, 2014 7:13 am

At this point, I don't think he's going to translate for us. We've had a dedicated team since February like he wanted and he hasn't even bothered to respond to us.

Sorry if this seems rude, but I'm getting a little annoyed.

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri May 02, 2014 11:47 pm

I had a talk with him and he said that he will start translating now. He will start with Pokémon Special XY chapter 1 and he has translated the eight first pages of it before. pokemonspecialgerman has already cleaned the chapter.

In the meantime I think we can do chapter 459. I just realized that I love manga has already translated it and sanigo has cleaned it long ago. I've shared the translation script and the cleaned PSDs with the team on Google Drive and you should have gotten a an e-mail notification about it a little while ago.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Vchanfan Sun May 04, 2014 11:16 am

So we're finishing up HGSS and our translator is currently working on XY. Will BW and B2W2 still be worked on?
Vchanfan
Vchanfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun May 04, 2014 2:55 pm

We will finish the four unfinished BW magazine scanlations that we have started working on and never, ever, ever do another BW magazine chapter ever again. We'll do volume chapters instead.

As for B2W2, we have only begun working on chapter 1. It's a cross-translation of a Chinese scanlation based on low quality photograhs. Ardaal cleaned it up a bit, but the title page still needs some work.
I showed it to some people in another group and they said that the translation wasn't really accurate (which the new translator could fix) and that the quality wasn't that great, which is to be expected when dealing with such a low quality source.
The question is, should we release something that is meh at best since it's what the fans want and since staff has worked hard on it, even though it might make us seem unprofessional, or should we not release it at all? Any way you twist and turn it, B2W2 c01 has the lowest priority of all current ongoing scanlations.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Vchanfan Sun May 04, 2014 7:52 pm

So basically, we're going to wait for volume chapters instead when it comes to both BW and B2W2?
As far as I know, BW only has one more volume to be released and that will be in 20 days.
Vchanfan
Vchanfan

Back to top Go down

Post by some Mon May 05, 2014 6:09 am

Going for the volume chapters of B2W2 seems the most plausible.
We already have to catch up a lot and B2W2 didn't have that many magazine chapters, anyway.
If we're really not going to release chapter 1 of B2W2 as it is now, then maybe we could only release the text translation? (If everbody who worked on it is alright with this ofc) I remember /a/non doing that once as well.
some
some

http://somenights.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vchanfan Thu May 22, 2014 8:51 pm

How is the progress for BW going right now? Had a shout out from a fan that was curious about our progress. Anything I can clean up?

Also, they just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work. Smile
Vchanfan
Vchanfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri May 23, 2014 8:35 am

Currently we are at a standstill until the quality checker and uploader has caught up. There is stuff to clean, but I think we shouldn' make this any messier than it already is. Let's work on one chapter at a time, so let's wait until chapter 459 ia quality checked and uploaded. I'll e-mail you when I have some cleaning work for you.
Some BW chapters have been translated and cleaned.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri May 30, 2014 6:05 am

I finally managed to get in contact with the translator yesterday. He said that he's got a movie and a half to translate first.
So, as I see it we could scanlate chapter 469. It's the only volume chapter that we have a full proper translation for at the moment and it would keep us occupied. After we have finished it we stockpile it until we have scanlated chapter 468 and do a combo release.

Current releases:
Pokémon Special BW chapter 45: Ready for release; waiting for petermueller88 to upload it
Pokémon Special chapter 459: merge the two versions to one + QC
Pokémon Special XY chapter 1: typesetting (7 pages left) + TLC + QC
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:59 pm

I have big news. We're back in business again. I found a skilled translator that will fill in for the main translator while he's busy. Chapter 460-464 and 467-468 are already cleaned, so we won't have to worry about cleaning for a while. aureole and nicoleb, are you ready to start working on chapter 460 once the translation is done?
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:23 pm

What about chapters 465 and 466?

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:02 pm

Those chapters were supposed to be cleaned by gaspershut, but he never did it and stopped responding to my messages.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Vchanfan Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:21 pm

So, what will we do with those chapters?
Vchanfan
Vchanfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Clean them. If anyone wants to clean them, let me know and go ahead.

Chapter 45 was released yesterday, by the way: http://teamspecialscans.com/
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by some Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Page 5 to 34 / 35 to 60, right?
I guess the 'intro' also needs cleaning?
Do you want to split it up Vchanfan?
some
some

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:02 pm

Everything from Cover.png to Page0060.png in this zip file should be cleaned. Let me know if there are any bleed-throughs on any of the pages and I can either ask for a rescan or get those pages from the Spanish scanlation group.

(Sorry about the adfly bs. Forummotion automatically adds it when linking to some sites, one of those sites is MediaFire.)
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by some Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:03 am

Started to clean ch465 (I have some "free time" right now)
I didn't notice any bleed throughs (so far).
Merely a remark: The bottom left corner is most of the time a slightly bit darker than the rest, but that's not a problem at all. Guess that's just a peculiarity of the scanner.
some
some

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next