Team Special Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volume 43 and 44 (edited)

+14
some
I love manga
gaspershut
ShinySneasel
GamerGoddess
Lolipiece
ShadowGlow
JB2448
PkmnTrainerMark
Macromind101
Manga Reader X
Dreamingflower
LyokoGirl5000
Duke R
18 posters

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Volume 43 and 44 (edited) - Page 5 Empty Re: Volume 43 and 44 (edited)

Post by ShadowGlow Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:48 pm

Ok, I've copied a/non's text.

On another note, you guys can insert comments if you want to suggest something for those that can't edit the doc directly.

ShadowGlow

Group : Translation Checker (Japanese)

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Okay, new text has been added. I noticed a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes, so I'll try to fix those tomorrow.

LyokoGirl5000

Group : Typesetter

Back to top Go down

Post by some Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:24 pm

LyokoGirl5000 wrote: The last few pages aren't cleaned yet
Cleaned, but not QC'ed. You have access to them, if you want to start typesetting and just update the files later.

About your feedback request (beware of presumption and only my opinion): I'd say you should be a little bit more aware of the mostly circular room you have. Sometimes you're very close to the edge of one side while the other side has apparently more room left. You don't always seem to be in the middle area of a speech bubble. I think page 9 is a good example for these things (2nd & 4th panel). Btw I'm not sure about the vertical positionig as well. But apart from this you did a great job ^-^
some
some

Group : Cleaner

http://somenights.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:25 pm

some wrote:
LyokoGirl5000 wrote: The last few pages aren't cleaned yet
Cleaned, but not QC'ed. You have access to them, if you want to start typesetting and just update the files later.

About your feedback request (beware of presumption and only my opinion): I'd say you should be a little bit more aware of the mostly circular room you have. Sometimes you're very close to the edge of one side while the other side has apparently more room left. You don't always seem to be in the middle area of a speech bubble. I think page 9 is a good example for these things (2nd & 4th panel). Btw I'm not sure about the vertical positionig as well. But apart from this you did a great job ^-^

Thanks, I'll work on putting the text in the middle of the bubble.  I'll have to work on pages 24 and 25 tomorrow.

EDIT: I'm done. Link Here. https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3qiMNKFfl1hYmQ1SEZIem56elU/edit?usp=sharing

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:58 am

Pro-tips:
Use zip-files instead of rar-files. Zip files are more universal and not everyone knows how to handle rar-files.
Make 1 folder / chapter in Google Drive where you put all versions of that chapter and post the link to the folder. That way you don't have to post new links for every new version.

QC:

Change all the 'Pokemon' into 'Pokémon' when you see it in the scanlation.

Page 4, 1st box - 'gathered' is cut off
Page 4 - Put 'Sinjoh Ruins' in the center of the box.
Page 5 - Change 'cruteak City' to 'Ecruteak City' and out it in center of the box. 'Ruins of Alph' could be moved up a tiny bit.
Page 6 - Look at the RAW scan and try to place the names at the same place, in the same angle and so on. Use the same font size for all names except for Director Hiro.
Page 9, 2nd panel - Position the 'Yeah' horizontally.
Page 9, 3rd panel - Looks weird with that much space between 'That' and 'person'.
Page 10, 2nd panel - Some of the text in the speech bubble is cut off. Try moving the text to the left and up. If that doesn't solve it, then try applying a white stroke effect to the text in the speech bubble. I have seen /a/non do that in speech bubbles when there is little space. That will create an outer white border around the text and make the cut off text visible.
Page 11 - Change vertical text positioning into horizontal text positioning.
Page 12, 2nd panel - Change vertical text positioning into horizontal text positioning.
Page 13, 1st panel - I'm not sure if I like the positioning of 'Fufufu,' but I can't think of many alternatives. Maybe have the first 'fu' in the first row and the second and third 'fu' in the second row? Maybe it won't look so 'cut off' then.
Page 13, 5th panel - Why is the text in Lance's second speech bubble Italic? Try using the same font size for all the villains' speech bubbles in the third row of panels.
Page 13, 6th panel - Put the text in Giovanni's speech bubble in the center of the speech bubble and make the font size bigger, if possible.
Page 18, 1st panel - Put a space between 'be' and 'fitting'. Also, make the font size for the text in the first speech bubble bigger.
Page 18, 2nd panel - Change Hyper Beam into “Hyper Beam”!!, so that it follows the TL. Decrease the space between 'Dragonite,' and 'Hyper Beam'.
Page 20, 2nd panel - Change vertical text positioning into horizontal text positioning.
Page 21, 6th panel - Move 'Y-yes' a little bit to the right.
Page 22, 3rd panel - Move the text in the first speech bubble down to the center.
Page 22, 4th panel - Change 'Sinjoh' into 'Sinnoh'.
Page 23, 1st panel - Move the text in the second speech bubble down a little bit to the center.
Page 24, 1st box - Try moving 'everything' and 'appeared' down so that the words fit on a row without having to be split up. The way it is now looks a little bit weird / awkward, in my opinion.
Page 25, 1st gray box - Try changing 're-cord-ed' into 're-corded' and 'de-scrip-tions' into descrip-tions, if possible and if it looks better.

Last edited by Manga Reader X on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromind101 Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:03 am

Yes, amen, please use zip-files instead of rar-files. Zip-files are easier to use and they are more convenient.
Macromind101
Macromind101

Group : Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:19 am

Thanks, I made the folder. I'll use ZIP files from now on.  Should I fix it or does the QCer do that? Some scanlation groups have the QCer fix mistakes and others have Typesetter do it...

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromind101 Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:25 am

LyokoGirl5000 wrote:Thanks, I made the folder.  I'll use ZIP files from now on.  Should I fix it or does the QCer do that? Some scanlation groups have the QCer fix mistakes and others have Typesetter do it...

Can you share the folder to the emails? (Preferably in the ZIP format.) I would like to see what the chapters look like so far and I'll try to point out the mistakes that Manga Reader X may not have spotted.

And I'm pretty sure that the typesetters are supposed to fix mistakes, although I may be wrong. If QC'ers are supposed to fix the mistakes, then sure I'll be glad to fix them! (As long as the files are editable.)

Last edited by Macromind101 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Macromind101
Macromind101

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:26 am

ShadowGlow, we also need all the sound effects to be translated.

We are going to need English screenshots of the first two screenshots on page 25. Before that we need to know the names of the attacks and plates displayed in those screenshots.
Then someone needs to take those screenshots from a HeartGold or SoulSilver ROM running in an emulator (I recommend DeSmuME), save the screenshot as a PNG image and send it to some who will grayscale it and add it.
In order to not have to play through the entire game we have two options for the first screenshot: Cheat codes or a completed save file that has been posted online. make sure that those plates are in the right ordera and on page 13 / 13 in that section of the bag.
For the second screenshot we have four options, two of which are mentioned above. The third option is to download an event Arceus here. I don't know if it knows the same attacks as displayed in the screenshot though, so the move reminder, move tutors, TMs or cheats (PokeGen, or cheat codes) might be neccessary to change that. The moves should also be in the correct order. The fourth option is to just use PokeGen.

Last edited by Manga Reader X on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:29 am

Page 25 - The text in the black squares and on the white border on the left side of the page are missing.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by some Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:33 am

Um I'm pretty sure the positioning of page 25 is wrong. The text of the grey boxes should be under the pictures on the very left, while I think the 'captions' Judgement, Sinjo Ruins etc belong in the grey boxes.
I'd also say the text on the very right of panel 2 page 13 is a little bit to close to the edge, imo.

//Edit: English screenshots? I didn't think you want to have this part translated, too. It should be possible to assemble the parts we need as I'm sure there are some screenshots online.

Last edited by some on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:02 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Too fast answers...)
some
some

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:39 am

And also the the text in the speech bubble to the left in panel 2, page 13.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:41 am

Should we maybe ask the people on jb2448.info, tumblr and MangaFox's Pokémon Special FC to help us out with the screenshots, or can we get it done ourselves?
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by some Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:16 pm

Order of the plates:
Left: Dread Plate, Spooky Plate, Fist Plate
Right: Insect Plate, Mind Plate, Zap Plate

Moves: Judgement, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force (So yeah, these are the same moves)

I'd say we could get this done...
some
some

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:11 pm

Ok. Well, if anyone manages to get the screenshots or is thinking about attempting to get them, post a reply here, so that multiple people aren't working on the same thing.

Some emulators might even have a screenshot feature built in, so that one does not have to use the Print Screen function and save it via Paint.

Now that I think about it, the English versions of those images might be available online, probably at least the Arceus image.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by some Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:37 pm

I'm already working on it.
Probaly, but I've already got it the other way ^^

/Edit: Got the screenshots.
some
some

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:15 pm

QC 2

Page 6 - Look at the RAW scan and try to place the names at the same place, in the same angle and so on. Use the same font size for all names except for Director Hiro.
Page 11, 2nd panel - Change vertical text positioning into horizontal text positioning.
Page 13, 1st panel - Center the text in the first speech bubble.
Page 13, 5th panel -Try using the same font size for all the villains' speech bubbles in the third row of panels.
Page 18, 2nd panel - Change "Hyper-Beam" into “Hyper Beam”!!
Page 21, 4th panel - Change 'Pokeg-ear' into 'Poké-gear'
Page 23, 1st panel - Change 'To order for me to prevent that' to 'In order for me to prevent that'
Page 25, 3rd black box - The first letter ('A') should be moved to the right.
Page 25, 2nd white box - Move down 'accompanied' to the lower row, then move down 'Arceus' to the lower row and then move down 'them can' to the lower row. If my calculations are correct it should look somewhat even now.
Page 25, 3rd white box - Move down 'released' so that it won't be cut off.
Page 25, 4th white box - Change "Pokemon HGSS" to Pokémon HGSS and move it down to a new row, so that it's not cut off.
Page 25, 1st gray box - Change 'Judge ment' to 'Judge-ment'.
Page 25, 3rd gray box - Try to make Creation fit if you can, without looking too small or otherwise weird.
Page 25, 4th gray box - The text is missing.

Change Pokemon to Pokémon:
Page 6, Ariana's description
Page 6, Lance's description
Page 19, 2nd panel, 2nd speech bubble
Page 24, the black box
Page 24, black rectangle to the right ('Mysterious Pokemon Arceus')
Page 25, 3rd white box
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:20 pm

Great!
We should probably also replace the Japanese text back on the news van on page 6 with an Eglish translation, so if you can clean it, that would be great.

At the end of page 25 "Pokemon HGSS" is mentioned. Does anyone here think that Italic would be better than the "" ? (I do). Italic is at least used for book titles, so I don't see why games would be any different. Or maybe we should just have a plain Pokémon HGSS there instead without anything extra?

Last edited by Manga Reader X on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Macromind101 Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:45 pm

And also, on page 25, left picture on bottom panel, change "Unknown" to "Unown".
Macromind101
Macromind101

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:08 pm

The translation doesn't have the caption for the fourth grey box right now. Other than that, all fixed.

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by some Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Hmm looking at the translation again the text of the first grey box should be Plates. I'm sorry I didn't notice that when I looked at it the last time telling you about the positioning :/
some
some

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor789 Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Okay, I thought the translator himself will post this at some point, but he didn't. I don't have access to the latest edits, but I downloaded the typed chapter when it still was open. So, pages 014+015. They are joined. Because of this, the first frame is spread across two pages. I guess you typed those two pages as separate, so when joint, the text doesn't make much sence. In the translation script frames are separated by an empty line.

P.S. Excuse me if that has already been fixed, as I said, I don't have access to the latest edit.
P.S.2 To prevent this in future, how about we put the original JP lines in the text, so that the typesetter didn't make such mistakes.

Razor789

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor789 Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:23 pm

To explain what I mean, I typed these pages using this script: https://docs.google.com/document/d/17TfYdhufV29Y0pwew64DwwVWBfIcYuTo2OypBWhokaA/edit

ht tp://tinypic.com?ref=2dlje3d

That's how the text should be typed on this pages.

EDIT: Mirror: ht tp://min.us/lRnnx2cs0rD1q
This should work

Last edited by Razor789 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Razor789

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:18 pm

The tinypic link doesn't work (and yes I did edit the link to include the first 'ht'). Maybe you didn't copy the link that is made for sharing, but instead some random link from the uploading process?
(By the way, I prefer to use postimg.org for images that are smaller in filesize and dimensions and minus.com for bigger images, but that's just me.)
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowGlow Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:23 pm

I lack the ability to look at the psd files, so I didn't. It'll be good if there was a small size preview for me to look at, email or pm me of course.
For page 25, just make your own page =D. Something more suitable for horizontal text.

For the van on page 6, it's "Goldenrod Radio".

On another note, my ability to check on raws is at a once a week rate during the weekends. This week is a little exception.

ShadowGlow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next