Team Special Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to start?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where to start? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where to start?

Post by GamerGoddess Sat May 04, 2013 6:40 am

I have acquired the "teamspecialscans.com" TLD, however I have not yet configured forwarding.

There are 2 options for configuration, Forward Only or Forward With Masking.

With forward only once the user is redirected to this site their URL bar will show the subdomain that is currently in use.

Forward with masking on the other hand "Prevents the forwarded domain name URL from displaying in the browser's address bar, and lets you enter Meta Tags for search engine crawlers in the following fields:

Title — Displays at the top of the browser window and in search results.
Description — A short description of your website to display in search engine results.
Keyword — A list of comma-separated keywords that describes the content and purpose of your website."

Title has a character limit of 80, Description's limit is 150, and 500 for Keywords.

Which version should I configure and if masking what should the Title, Description, and Keywords be?

GamerGoddess

Group : Raw Provider

http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sat May 04, 2013 7:49 am

So, forward with masking will hide teamspecialscans.forummotion.com and display teamspecialscans.com to everyone that enters the site via teamspecialscans.com? While SEO customization is nice and while this would make the site more personal, I think we should choose forward only, that way more people will see the real URL. Then they can access the site even if the redirecting isn't working for some reason (some random error, GoDaddy breaking up with us, etc...).

Could you do so that teamspecialscans.com/recruitment redirects to https://teamspecialscans.forummotion.com/t6-recruitment? I think it would look nice on the recruitment image that we will add at the end of every chapter and it will be easier to remember and less to type.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerGoddess Sat May 04, 2013 8:41 am

Forward only configuration is now processing, it said it usually takes 1 hour but could take up to 48 hours.

teamspecialscans.com/recruitment should forward to teamspecialscans.forummotion.com/recruitment which would be the SEF version of /t6-recruitment

I'm not sure with phpBB but Joomla+Kunena will accept SEF URLs even if URL rewriting isn't enabled so it may or may not work in that way.

GamerGoddess

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerGoddess Sat May 04, 2013 8:47 am

Correction, /recruitment will NOT work to access /t6-recruitment

There is nothing I can do on the domain configuration side that will change this, you will have to change settings on the forum side to fix this.

GamerGoddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sat May 04, 2013 8:55 am

I guess we'll use the original recruitment URL in the recruitment images then.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerGoddess Sat May 04, 2013 9:12 am

I'll find out for certain once the settings go through, but I'm pretty sure that teamspecialscans.com and teamspecialscans.forummotion.com will be completely interchangeable. So teamspecialscans.com/t6-recruitment should work, I might try to figure out how to enable SEF URLs in phpBB sometime but I'm not promising anything.

GamerGoddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sat May 04, 2013 9:22 am

Ok. If you can get teamspecialscans.com/t6-recruitment that's pretty good already.

EDIT:
I think I may have found the solution here. We can use bit.ly's custom domain forwarding service. That should make teamspecialscans.com/recruitment doable.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerGoddess Sat May 04, 2013 12:47 pm

[url=teamspecialscans.com]teamspecialscans.com[/url] is now operational.

[url=teamspecialscans.com/t6-recruitment]teamspecialscans.com/t6-recruitment[/url] is a working URL for the Recruitment thread.

I have not yet looked into what you linked, Manga Reader X, but I have discovered that phpBB doesn't support SEF URLs however there are modded versions available that do.

GamerGoddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sat May 04, 2013 1:19 pm

Can Forummotion be modded? I thought that the costumisation is very limited on these free forum websites? Will the Pokéball Conversion forum theme still vork then? Be cause I frickin' love this forum theme and I wouldn't give it up just so that the custom recruitment URL will be three characters shorter.

By the way, I realize that I haven't thanked you yet for all the work and money you have put into this. I really appreciate it. Smile
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by GamerGoddess Sat May 04, 2013 1:52 pm

I have no idea what limitations the Forummotion hosting service has because I have never used it. However I beleive you may be confusing the host with the forum script set, this forum is a phpBB forum hosted on Forummotion servers. phpBB is a free, open-source, forum software written using the PHP scripting language, because it is open-source anyone with enough knowledge of PHP can download and edit the source-code to add new features or fix bugs.

My contributions have all been for myself, if you've been helped by my selfish contributions then good for you but I don't really care. (Yes, that is a slightly modified line of Gold's)

GamerGoddess

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Sat May 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Laughing Selfish reasons or not, we're still thankful to you.
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

Group : Typesetter

https://teamspecialscans.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sat May 11, 2013 9:53 am

Duke R wrote:
Manga Reader X wrote:Also, I know someone who might have all of /a/non's PSDs downloaded. What chapters are you looking for?

I checked and it seems that the ones with Japanese names are in Volume 44. If /a/non scanlates them, I believe those will be covered, so the PSD's are not needed for now.

Here's a table with the available chapters in English. I'm sure the BW Chapter is incomplete, but we can have a general idea of what is missing. Please add the ones I didn't include.
dropbox.com/s/ucl4gukq1n5rl44/Chapters%20in%20English.xls

He didn't have the PSDs. We could maybe get the PSDs from foreign scanlators? There are at least Spanish and Vietnamese scanlations of those chapters.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Sat May 11, 2013 11:37 am

Manga Reader X wrote:
Duke R wrote:
Manga Reader X wrote:Also, I know someone who might have all of /a/non's PSDs downloaded. What chapters are you looking for?

I checked and it seems that the ones with Japanese names are in Volume 44. If /a/non scanlates them, I believe those will be covered, so the PSD's are not needed for now.

Here's a table with the available chapters in English. I'm sure the BW Chapter is incomplete, but we can have a general idea of what is missing. Please add the ones I didn't include.

He didn't have the PSDs. We could maybe get the PSDs from foreign scanlators? There are at least Spanish and Vietnamese scanlations of those chapters.

That would be great! I can translate spanish to english. At times like this I'm so happy to have spanish roots. bounce
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sat May 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Dreamingflower wrote:
Manga Reader X wrote:
Duke R wrote:

That would be great! I can translate spanish to english. At times like this I'm so happy to have spanish roots. bounce

You misunderstand me. /a/non has already scanlated those magazine chapters to English. If we would get the Photoshop documents for those chapters it would be easier to make an improved version with volume raws. I'm thinking that most foreign PokéSpe scanlators probably downloaded the PSD-files to edit it more easily. So, there is a chance that we could get the PSDs from them since the download links have expired.

Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Sun May 12, 2013 12:14 am

Manga Reader X wrote:
Dreamingflower wrote:
Manga Reader X wrote:
Duke R wrote:

You misunderstand me. /a/non has already scanlated those magazine chapters to English. If we would get the Photoshop documents for those chapters it would be easier to make an improved version with volume raws. I'm thinking that most foreign PokéSpe scanlators probably downloaded the PSD-files to edit it more easily. So, there is a chance that we could get the PSDs from them since the download links have expired.

Oww, sorry my brain works kinda slow when I'm tired. That's a nice idea and it would make it more easy for us.
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum