Team Special Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Special Scans logos and banners

+5
Spheals
CodeNora
Duke R
Dreamingflower
Manga Reader X
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Team Special Scans logos and banners - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Special Scans logos and banners

Post by PkmnTrainerMark Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:52 am

That's true. Maybe we could have a poll between Red and Yellow. 8D Hahaha, no more polls maybe. But yeah. Maybe something inbetween? Like Yellow dressed like Red? (Oh gawrsh, almost put in Red dressed like Yellow)
PkmnTrainerMark
PkmnTrainerMark

Group : Quality Checker

Back to top Go down

Team Special Scans logos and banners - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Special Scans logos and banners

Post by petermueller88 Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:04 am

I wouldn't mind giving the credit page design a shot... y'know, even if it doesn't get used, it doesn't hurt to try. My Photoshop skills are pretty decent (considering I'm self-taught). I am curious to know if it's okay to use fanart, or would it be better to stick with official art?
petermueller88
petermueller88

Group : Typesetter

http://petermueller88.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke R Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:12 am

We know we already have a credits image, this is more like a suggestion Whales is showing us (and I'm liking it so far).

Whales, is this the adjustment you wanted for the background?
https://2img.net/h/s22.postimg.cc/8f70cy8k1/logo_wipwatermark_zps57611d6c.png
(please ignore the overexposed colors)
Duke R
Duke R
Admin

Group : Cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Whales Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:25 am

Something along those lines, yeah. I don't quite know how it really should be until I put everything together first, so here's just the w.i.p. watermarked version with screenshots from various arcs (I only put in screenshots from certain arcs due to lack of space, but it's more because the ones I chose to include were so big):
Team Special Scans logos and banners - Page 3 Logo_wipwatermark_v2_zps31f8db34
In this one I didn't add any adjustment or overlapping layer yet, going to take it one step at a time first. I just brightened the gray-ish pics to make them fit in better.

This is just a personal opinion of mine, I wanted to include all the different Dexholders but in this version I couldn't, so would it better represent PokeSpe if it had not only all (or most) of the arcs, but also all of the Dexholders?
Whales
Whales

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke R Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:34 am

Yeah, maybe it's too many pics now...

Guys, I did this "font" for everyone who wants to use it in a logo (it's not perfect, but I liked it hehe)
It's in EPS, so it should be opened in a vector program (Illustrator, CorelDRAW) or in Photoshop (but with a high-resolution, depending on the size you want).
Duke R
Duke R
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke R Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:36 am

I'm having problems with this forum's interface... here's the file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdla59lc4k0uokv/SPECIAL%20font.eps
Duke R
Duke R
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whales Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:39 am

I think it would work out a lot better if someone drew a large picture with all the characters/something representing each of the arcs. That would be easier to manage than hunting through the volumes for the right panels to screenshot. Though fan art has its flaws, and we'll need someone who's a pretty good artist.

Oh, and the font won't work with my computer, it refuses to open with any of the programs I have installed (Windows is crap, that's all I can say). I can try opening it in my Linux computer and try fiddling with the properties to let it open in Windows, but that's going to take a while. If I do get it to work I'll try it out and see how it looks.
Whales
Whales

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke R Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:47 am

Or maybe we can focus on an iconic character, like Red and Pika, that represents the manga as a whole.

And the file is not a font, it's just "Team Special Scans" written with the "Special" letters.
Duke R
Duke R
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petermueller88 Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:17 am

Duke R wrote:We know we already have a credits image, this is more like a suggestion Whales is showing us (and I'm liking it so far).

Yeah that's kinda what I meant, since we've already got the credits picture. Don't we also need something for a recruitment (and/or donation) page? Or will that be with the credits page?
petermueller88
petermueller88

http://petermueller88.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:22 pm

No the donation and credit page will be separate from the recruitment page, which Manga Reader made.
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

https://teamspecialscans.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:10 pm

petermueller88 wrote:Don't we also need something for a recruitment (and/or donation) page? Or will that be with the credits page?

The recruitment page has already been made (and it took a crap load of time to make) and I said a while ago that I will take care of the donation image. However, I will be busy with my entrance exams until the last exam on 6.6, but it shouldn't matter since Nora hasn't made the donation pool yet. I think that the donation image can wait until then.

Whales, you should add our IRC channel under our forum address: #teamspecialscans@irc.irchighway.net
Maybe black text with a white stroke effect would look better for the forum URL and IRC address?
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Whales Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:33 am

I made two versions, one using the previous font and one using Duke R's "font" image (finally got it to work!), I might crop the image later, but here's the current versions:

Team Special Scans logos and banners - Page 3 Logo_beta2_zps00a876b7
(previous font)
Team Special Scans logos and banners - Page 3 Logo_beta1_zps5e2959ab
(Duke R's "font")

I have my doubts about the font for the forum address and the IRC channel too, so any suggestions for that?
Whales
Whales

Back to top Go down

Post by PkmnTrainerMark Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:56 am

I'd say.... For one, put the forum address above Red's head, and the IRC Channel below Pika. Second, Fonts.... Maybe something more cartoonish? I'll start looking up new fonts. Also, one last thing. While I love the second picture, the "Team" and "Scans" look a little bright. I'd suggest toning down the yellow a bit more, make the color match the first one's. These are just my criticisms, it looks amazing though. Very Happy
PkmnTrainerMark
PkmnTrainerMark

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:01 am

You forgot the '#' in #teamspecialscans@irc.irchighway.net
Also, please use lower case letters for the IRC address.

PkmnTrainerMark wrote:While I love the second picture, the "Team" and "Scans" look a little bright. I'd suggest toning down the yellow a bit more, make the color match the first one's.
Agreed. Also, you might want to skip the glow around the 'TEAM' and 'SCANS' since 'SPECIAL' doesn't have any glow around it.

I like to use Arial Rounded MT Bold and make it Italic if possible (don't remember if that font could be Italic). You could try that font.

Could you either make the background white or make the red background 'longer'. This is because we will also credit the raw provider, translator, cleaner, typesetter, translation checker and quality checker, so those will have to fit into the credit image as well and it would look weird if we have that red image on a white background or something like that. Make sure that you keep the PSD so that we easily can change credits for each chapter.

Maybe this layout would be fitting for the text? (It's from an old credit image I made and therefore misses the quality checker credit, becase nothing had been QCed back when it was made.
Team Special Scans logos and banners - Page 3 Credit10
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Whales Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:15 am

Here's just the logo:
Team Special Scans logos and banners - Page 3 Logo_beta3_zpsd4452356
And here's the logo modified for the credits page (bit of extra space there for whatever else may turn up that needs to be put in, if it's not needed you can just crop it off):
Team Special Scans logos and banners - Page 3 Logo_beta3_credits_zpsd5f11b49

These pictures are just PNG screenshots of the PSD files, I'll post the PSD's once everything's done.

(Also, there's a little shadow of the "S" in "SCANS" that I skipped over with the eraser, I'll fix that later but it doesn't really affect the image too much at the moment)

Last edited by Whales on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Whales
Whales

Back to top Go down

Post by PkmnTrainerMark Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:17 am

These look amazing! I love em. Great job. Very Happy
PkmnTrainerMark
PkmnTrainerMark

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:25 am

Cool, I love the credit image!
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

https://teamspecialscans.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:11 am

Looks awesome!
Just one question: Did you use the latest version (v. 3) of the Special logo I edited? There are some minor improvements in that version. If you downloaded the Special logo from the gallery after you joined the forum gallery you should have the latest version.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Whales Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:32 am

No, I actually used the Special "font" Duke R made and replaced the "Special" with the part of the Japanese logo that said "Special." Why, is there something I should fix in the images?
Whales
Whales

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:12 am

Yeah, there's a minor detail. In the southwest area inside the border of the blue oval SPECIAL logo there are some white pixels and also some pixels that are of a much darker blue tint than the rest. Clone the nearby colour and paste it on top of said pixels. Don't make the pixels transparent though. That will make the logo look slightly asymmetrical.

If you want you can send the logo to me and I'll recolour it myself.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke R Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:41 am

OMG it's great, Whales! I love it!

Could you try something? Use the Inner Bevel you used for your previous font with the Special one (without the orange border), let's see what happens ^_^
Duke R
Duke R
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:49 am

Whales, could you redo my old forum banner? Just replace the logo in this banner with your superior version when you have fixed those pixels I talked about. I have customized my old banner so that the logo will appear in the center of forum, so If you just put your logo on top of my old banner it will look great.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Whales Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:20 am

Duke R wrote:OMG it's great, Whales! I love it!

Could you try something? Use the Inner Bevel you used for your previous font with the Special one (without the orange border), let's see what happens ^_^
The previous font was actually done by my friend, since my version of Photoshop doesn't have that, it only has Emboss and outer bevel. So unless I can get in contact with her again, I can't do that Sad

Manga Reader X wrote:Whales, could you redo my old forum banner? Just replace the logo in this banner with your superior version when you have fixed those pixels I talked about. I have customized my old banner so that the logo will appear in the center of forum, so If you just put your logo on top of my old banner it will look great.
Is this the fix you wanted?
Team Special Scans logos and banners - Page 3 Logo_beta4_zpsb4f876df

Team Special Scans logos and banners - Page 3 Logo_beta4_credits_zpscd3b7345
Since I already flattened the Red/Pika image and the logo into one layer I had to fix them separately, so they're all different but I tried to make them as similar as possible.

Also, here is the forum banner with the new logo.
Team Special Scans logos and banners - Page 3 Banner_zps1b39fd77
The new logo was a lot smaller than yours, so it might've turned out a bit blurry after I enlarged it.

Whales
Whales

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:33 am

Whales wrote:Is this the fix you wanted?
Spoiler:
Since I already flattened the Red/Pika image and the logo into one layer I had to fix them separately, so they're all different but I tried to make them as similar as possible.

You fixed some things I didn't notice before, but you missed the pixels I talked about. When I have time tomorrow I will mark those pixels out so that you can see which ones I'm talking about.
You could maybe also remove the shadow from the 'A' in 'SCANS'?

Whales wrote:Also, here is the forum banner with the new logo.
Team Special Scans logos and banners - Page 3 Banner_zps1b39fd77
The new logo was a lot smaller than yours, so it might've turned out a bit blurry after I enlarged it.

It looks good. How big was it in the original size, by the way?
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Whales Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:49 am

I'd say it was about 700 x 80 pixels, but that's not exact.

And here's the other two:
Team Special Scans logos and banners - Page 3 Logo_beta5_zps3d875cbe

Team Special Scans logos and banners - Page 3 Logo_beta5_credits_zps8212a03c

By the way, I won't be able to work on these/fix anything else that pops up until this Friday due to a school project, but I'll check the forums whenever I can.
Whales
Whales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next