Team Special Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honorifics or not?

+2
MaxCheng95
Dreamingflower
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shall we keep the honorifics in our translation?

Honorifics or not? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap40%Honorifics or not? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
Honorifics or not? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap60%Honorifics or not? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Honorifics or not? - Page 2 Empty Re: Honorifics or not?

Post by GamerGoddess Sun May 19, 2013 10:37 am

We actually didn't get translations of any of the original gen 1 trio. Our Red and Blue versions are an amalgamation of their Red+Blue and Green+Blue versions respectively.

GamerGoddess

Group : Raw Provider

http://gameplayersdream.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke R Sun May 19, 2013 10:39 am

The game system is from Japanese Blue, and the texts are from Japanese Red and Green. So Green Version was translated and "transformed" in to Blue. I'll leave for a while. Later!
Duke R
Duke R
Admin

Group : Cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by petermueller88 Thu May 30, 2013 1:18 am

*late to the convo again*
I guess I'm weird in that I prefer honourifics, cause although they don't have a translation or meaning in English, the fact remains they're still there and used constantly, not just in Pokemon. It doesn't help I prefer the Japanese names of characters/Pokemon/locations as well... don'tmindmesorry

For Green and Blue, I call "Gary" Green and the girl Blue, since that's what their names are. I'm kinda confused as to why there's any debate about it, even with Viz messing up their names just because of the English releases of the games. Like, even when I was reading the Viz chapters, I kept calling them by their correct names. Guess it's like when I read English names of characters and mentally call them by their Japanese names. Idk I'm probably just being confusing.
petermueller88
petermueller88

Group : Typesetter

http://petermueller88.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Thu May 30, 2013 1:29 am

You're not weird, everyone has their own taste. Some prefer to keep the honorifics others don't. As long as people don't complain/ whine about what others prefer I'm cool with the others opinions.
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

https://teamspecialscans.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke R Thu May 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Yeah, you're not wrong, petermueller88. I wish I knew other Japanese manga/ anime, but the fact is that I love Pokémon, and am not used to other series. The only point that I always keep in mind is that we are dealing with a video game here, and I respect the official translations it had. What I want is that people can read this manga and think "Oh, this is Blue! I know him from the Pokémon World Tournment!" It's better to pull than to push newer fans. (And we are not saying anything wrong, these are their English names in every medium.)

About the polls, I don't know if this is the best way to deal with things. If we can debate with our points of view and then get the opinions/votes from people who know the subject entirely, it's a good thing. But these forum polls often bring people who don't even know what we are talking about, and leave the results maculated.
Duke R
Duke R
Admin

Group : Cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Thu May 30, 2013 10:54 pm

well the other members of our scanlation group do and I don't think people who don't understand much about the nicknames etc will vote.

Ow and if you want to read some interesting manga, I can recommend you some. Like Rosario+vampire, Mahou Sensei Negima, magi, vampire knight.

I tend to see Special as a different universe. yes it's based on the games, but the characters aren't completely the same. Green has a complete different personality than his game counterpart same is for the other dexowners. The villains are worse, the side characters do so much more. It's like looking through those viewing boxes. Smile
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petermueller88 Fri May 31, 2013 9:16 am

True... I guess since the Manga never really used them before (I think I only saw it in one chapter), we should stick with that same route. For the Blue/Green naming mix-up, I just kinda prefer it to be how it originally was because when Viz switched the names, it just made everything more confusing. Like when I was reading the CY chapters, I honestly couldn't tell if they were sticking with the original names or swapped names half the time.

But man, you want some Anime/Manga series to read and watch... I gotta big list of 'em I could recommend 8]
petermueller88
petermueller88

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri May 31, 2013 9:58 am

I recommend:

Phantom Thief Pokémon 7
Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!
Pokémon Gold & Silver: The Golden Boys
Pokémon Battle Frontier
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Ginji's Rescue Team
The Electric Tale of Pikachu
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Fri May 31, 2013 10:00 am

I think I've read them all. Ginji's rescue team was the first Pokemon manga I read and in dutch XD. They gave it away in 3 booklets if you bought a jetix magazine. I got the second and the 3rd. If it weren't for those manga I wouldn't waste my money on a magazine. Laughing

*goes back to reading fanfiction*

Edit: Okay I checked and I haven't read Golden boys. It looks interesting Very Happy
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri May 31, 2013 10:37 am

You have probably not read Pokémon Battle Frontier then either. It is probably the rarest English Pokémon manga ever published (and I own it). This is because it had a very short print run. The mangaka is Shigekatsu Ihara, the same person who made Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!. The main person in the manga reminds me of Hareta from DPA.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by petermueller88 Fri May 31, 2013 11:31 am

I've read Electric Tale of Pikachu, Diamond & Pearl Adventure and Ginji's Rescue Team. I own the latter and used to own vol 1 of D&P Adventure. They're all pretty good. The Manga adaptations of some of the movies are good as well.
petermueller88
petermueller88

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Fri May 31, 2013 8:28 pm

Manga Reader X wrote:You have probably not read Pokémon Battle Frontier then either. It is probably the rarest English Pokémon manga ever published (and I own it). This is because it had a very short print run. The mangaka is Shigekatsu Ihara, the same person who made Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!. The main person in the manga reminds me of Hareta from DPA.

I've seen the raw of Battle Frontier on JB.
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri May 31, 2013 10:44 pm

Dreamingflower wrote:
Manga Reader X wrote:You have probably not read Pokémon Battle Frontier then either. It is probably the rarest English Pokémon manga ever published (and I own it). This is because it had a very short print run. The mangaka is Shigekatsu Ihara, the same person who made Pokémon Diamond and Pearl Adventure!. The main person in the manga reminds me of Hareta from DPA.

I've seen the raw of Battle Frontier on JB.

Well, unless you know Japanese then you haven't really read it.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Fri May 31, 2013 10:45 pm

Nope I haven't Laughing
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petermueller88 Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:55 am

Is there a scanlation of it somewhere? Or perhaps that could be another project we could work on in the future, since the raws are already available.
petermueller88
petermueller88

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:12 pm

petermueller88 wrote:Is there a scanlation of it somewhere? Or perhaps that could be another project we could work on in the future, since the raws are already available.

Nope, never got scanlated, or scanned in English.

I do have some plans for Team Special Scans:

Main Project: Pokémon Special

Side Projects:

#1 Mobilize!! Pokémon Ranger [ongoing]
#2 Pokémon Gold & Silver: The Golden Boys volume 1 and 3
#3 The Electric Tale of Pikachu chapter 16-20
#4 Pokémon Battle Frontier

Only one side project at a time. We take on the next project when the previous one has been completed. (I don't want to see a bunch of uncompleted projects.)
One of the best parts is that there are complete English translations for all of the side projects already, so the translators can focus 100% on Pokémon Special.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:07 pm

Yippee Very Happy
Nice so after finishing the magazine chapters we can work on one of those other pokemon manga.
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:25 pm

CodeNora might have begun to clean Mobilize!! Pokémon Ranger chapter 0 by now.

I have made a thread for this so that we don't continue going off-topic here.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum