Team Special Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment

+38
ShayminSky
Chanze3
Asrea
Vchanfan
invincimaxi
GamerGoddess
maronic02
Reinvited
zorua
Striker
Razor789
sanigo
I love manga
ShinySneasel
xReimi
AKAAkira
some
JB2448
XmavisX
Macromind101
The Usagi Mitchell
ShadowGlow
Goldenguy
Spheals
Linneac
MaxCheng95
aureole
Kantrax
Chappetic
PkmnTrainerMark
LyokoGirl5000
luo-qin
madmanfreak
petermueller88
Duke R
Manga Reader X
CodeNora
Dreamingflower
42 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Recruitment - Page 7 Empty Re: Recruitment

Post by Vchanfan Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:09 am

Alright, thank you for updating me on everything, Manga Reader X!
Vchanfan
Vchanfan

Group : Cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by zorua Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:21 am

(don't know how to quote :(I completely didn't notice shadowglow's comments, well, I'll take a look at it now then.

Edit: Okay I've made some changes, it's ready if ShadowGlow says so.

Last edited by zorua on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:32 am; edited 2 times in total
zorua
zorua

Group : Translator (Japanese/ Chinese)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:36 am

zorua wrote:(don't know how to quote :(I completely didn't notice shadowglow's comments, well, I'll take a look at it now then.

Edit: Okay I've made some changes, it's ready if ShadowGlow says so.
For quoting, just click on the quote button that's on the upper right of every post.
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

Group : Typesetter

https://teamspecialscans.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invincimaxi Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:25 pm

Sorry, but this might be a wierd question, do we have to pay the magazines? The magazines are fine, but they need to ship from japan and that costs a lot. If i cant get ahold of the magazines, il just wait for the chinese versions and translate them

invincimaxi

Group : Translator (Chinese/ French)

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:20 pm

We'll see what is the cheapest option when the time comes. We do have a donation pool,  but I don't know if we have gotten any donations yet and even if we have you would have a hard time receiving it without your parents knowing, since you are underage. Since we are behind on the volume scanlations, I suggest that we at the moment only import special stuff, like B2W2 chapters and XY chapters (once those are being released).
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Asrea Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:15 pm

I'm new around here but I figured that I really want to help out the pokemon special mangas. I can work on typesetting and cleaning so long as the qualities were similar to the ones from volume 43 that were given on the tenth page in this thread. The image I'm showing below was just a random page I picked from the folder that I edited.
Spoiler:

I may need some improvement but I'm willing to help if I'm needed. I also wouldn't mind some help and critiques to improve my skills.
Asrea
Asrea

Group : Cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:47 am

Sure, you can join as a cleaner. ^^
Currently we have no easier cleaning work, but we do have some chapters that need typesetting. I should get the cleaned scans from the cleaner soon.

asrea wrote:For some reason the width of the image was cut :/
When it comes to images wider than 800 pixels, the forum won't display the rest of the image. The image is still intact, though.

There is at least one (maybe even three ways) to deal with this:
Click to read my ramblings:
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Recruitment - Page 7 Empty Chinese TL

Post by Chanze3 Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:15 pm

I can translate, please PM me. I am fluent in chinese and english.

Chanze3

Back to top Go down

Post by ShayminSky Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:18 pm

Hello ^^ Sorry if I am too late, but I would like to help, if possible of course. My name is Chloe and I could say I am fluent in both English and Chinese, so is it possible I could help translating the chinese manga to english? And regardless I'll still support all of your awesome work~

ShayminSky

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:42 am

We still accept new staff, but we aren't planning on translating any more Chinese chapters. However, we have a bunch of unfinished Chinese magazine scanlations. I'll ask the guys who are working on it if they want some help.

Welcome to Team Special Scans!
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Smiley Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:37 am

Hi Guys, I'm part of a Spanish scanlation team called Lavender Scanlations. If you need RAW scans of volume releases, please contact me. I will be glad to provide them.

Mr. Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:18 am

Ah, I've heard about you guys. I've discussed with panconkiwi. Yeah, we would like your RAWs. We only have RAWs of volume 44, but due to excessive bleeding we have to rescan some of those (like 10 pages). Anyway, if you could submit RAWs for all volumes you have scanned (vol. 44+), that would be great. We'll use whoever's volume 44 RAWs are of better quality and for volume 45+ we'll use your RAWs. We'd like to upload your RAWs here, if possible, so that they are easier to share and other fans can view them. However, that site has some technical difficulties at the moment, so until that regular filehosts and filespreaders will have to do.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil_Twin02 Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:31 pm

Are you guys still recruiting translators? I've never done translating before but I speak both English and Japanese fluently and I'd really like to support this project.
Devil_Twin02
Devil_Twin02

Group : Translator (Japanese)

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:22 pm

YES. Thank Arceus that you posted. Our main translator quit a week ago and I've been trying to find a replacement ever since. What is your e-mail address? (Feel free to send it via PM if you don't want everyone to see it.)

Chapter 458 and 460+ needs to be translated. (Our first version of chapter 458 didn't have a very good translation, so we're redoing it).
Chapter 459 is translated though and is being worked on at the moment. A small part of chapter 461 has been translated, so I can send that to you when you get to that chapter, so that you can skip that part. Also, you don't have to translate chapter 469-471. Those are under control.

Vol. 43 RAW: http://jb2448.info/Japanese/Pocket_Monsters_SPECIAL_Volume_43
Vol. 44 RAW: http://www.gameplayersdream.com/kunena/team-special-scans-permanent-hosting/102-pokemon-special-volume-44-raws#152

And remember to work in a pace that feels comfortable and manageable to you.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil_Twin02 Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:34 am

Oh gawd okay. I thought I was gonna start small but I can give this a shot O_o

Is there a specific format I should be translating in? Maybe on a separate document or just off to the side of the scans or something? I also don't know what kind of naming conventions you guys have so I guess I can leave those to cleaners or typesetters or I dun kno, I know nothing!

- training Very Happy -
Devil_Twin02
Devil_Twin02

Group : Translator (Japanese)

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:53 am

Save it to Google documents.
Don't worry, I just got over-excited and planned too long into the future instead of focusing on the present. We will do this one chapter at a time at a pace that is suitable to everyone involved. We tried multitasking many chapters at once back when we started out, which was the root to all of our problems, so I won't make that mistake again. Start with chapter 458 and we'll move on to the next chapter once that is done.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Neophoton Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:22 am

I should probably start using this account more, but I've been serving as translation check a few times. I'll have to try and drum up interest with some friends for the manga. Very Happy
Neophoton
Neophoton

http://neophoton.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:39 pm

I would really like to help out, if it's alright. I can clean pretty well, and I can also typeset. If you don't like my cleaning, or want me to improve, one of the classes I'm taking in college right now is a course on Photoshop (Actually, it's two courses), so I will improve as time passes. Oh, but I use GIMP outside of class (Is that OK?)

Anyway, here is an example of some cleaning I did a few weeks a go. The manga is Metal Fight Beyblade, which also runs in CoroCoro.

RAW
Spoiler:

Cleaned
Spoiler:

Also, the guy who provided those MFB raws also has an interest in Pokémon. I'm talking to the girl who hosts the files, and she's going to check with him to see if he'd be willing to scan the Pokémon sections of CoroCoro for me as well.

I'll PM you my email. If you want my help, just shoot me a message.
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Yes, we could use another cleaner. I think it looks good, but I'm not a cleaner so I can't really review it properly. I'll ask a skilled cleaner I know what she thinks. We prefer Photoshop, but you can use GIMP for cleaning if you prefer it. For typesetting you have to use Photoshop though so that we get PSDs of the typesets so that we can easily correct dialogue.
I'm in a bit of a hurry right now so I'll check what chapters are uncleaned when I get back home.

Please ask if he is willing to scan the two new ORAS manga series Pokémon: Crimson Passion and Pokémon: Indigo Wisdom.
The best scanning settings would be as PNG at 360 DPI (or 300 DPI if the scanner doesn't support 360 DPI). And scan it in RGB, grayscaling is done best in Photoshop and not by the scanner. Also, putting a black paper on top of the page that is being scanned will drastically minimize bleed-throughs, especially with thin and poor quality magazine pages like those in CoroCoro, so I recommend doing that as well.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:14 am

Manga Reader X wrote:Yes, we could use another cleaner. I think it looks good, but I'm not a cleaner so I can't really review it properly. I'll ask a skilled cleaner I know what she thinks. We prefer Photoshop, but you can use GIMP for cleaning if you prefer it. For typesetting you have to use Photoshop though so that we get PSDs of the typesets so that we can easily correct dialogue.
I'm in a bit of a hurry right now so I'll check what chapters are uncleaned when I get back home.

Please ask if he is willing to scan the two new ORAS manga series Pokémon: Crimson Passion and Pokémon: Indigo Wisdom.
Believe me, I will ask. I actually came here in hopes to work on the two new series after I saw they were announced. Razz I'm not in direct contact with him, however, so I have to wait on my friend to get back to me. If not, I know where you can get a subscription to CoroCoro for $8-9 USD/month.
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:01 pm

The cleaner said that it seems overal fine with some small problems, but the scans are so small that she can't really tell.

We won't pick up any extra manga series for a looong time. We can barely handle Pokémon Special and that is what we need to focus on until we have caught up. Sorry :/

Wizard wrote:I know where you can get a subscription to CoroCoro for $8-9 USD/month.
Where? Kinokuniya?
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Nope, http://www.jbox.com/product/RESERVE33 If you don't own a good scanner, you can just ship them to me and I'll do it. I'm pretty sure you have a scanner though ;3; Anyway I bought Steins;Gate through them when it came out, so I can confirm that they're legit.

Yeah, I'm guessing the problems are that I didn't extend the lines where I erased the sound effects? I figured you guys probably leave the sound effects in anyway. The scans for those were actually pretty big, I had to crop them down for another forum, I just used the same upload here.
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Ah, I've seen JBOX before. I own an ok scanner. (It's an all-in-one device - printer + scanner + copier - though and like most other AIOs it crops off part of the scans, so I have to put pages in the middle of the scanning glass and line them up :/ ).

There's a good probability that they will be put into volumes if there are enough chapters since it's running in CoroCoro (if it was Sho2, it would be completely opposite). So, since tankobon paper quality is much better and since nicoleb will get it and eventually scan it if it is tankobonned, I'll wait. If it isn't published in volumes I will probably buy the magazines second hand and have one of my contacts in Japan debind it and mail it to me.

This forum allows hot-linking for up to 800x800 pixels. Next time just paste a link to it. Smile
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizard Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Alright. Well whenever you're ready for me to start cleaning pages, let me know.
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:32 am

Sorry for the delay. Chapter 469-471 of volume 44 have not been cleaned yet.
Your can download the volume 44 RAW here.

Has the magazine RAW provider responded yet, by the way?
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum