Team Special Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Restructure of Team Special Scans

+4
sanigo
zorua
petermueller88
Manga Reader X
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Restructure of Team Special Scans - Page 3 Empty Re: The Restructure of Team Special Scans

Post by Vchanfan Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:41 pm

I wouldn't mind splitting it!
I just have something to ask.

Mangareader, I'm on a different computer at the moment since mine is out of commission for about a week. Do you still need me to convert the files into PSD? If so, can you give me a link to download the program again?
Vchanfan
Vchanfan

Group : Cleaner

Back to top Go down

The Restructure of Team Special Scans - Page 3 Empty Re: The Restructure of Team Special Scans

Post by Manga Reader X Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:31 pm

http://psdplugin.codeplex.com/
If the plugin works, it would be nice, but if you have problems with it - compability issues, etc. - just convert it to PNG. So, try the plugin and if it doesn't work properly, convert the PDN files to PNG.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Vchanfan Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:13 pm

Okay.
Some, shall I do 35-60?
Vchanfan
Vchanfan

Back to top Go down

Post by some Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Great! If you're okay with chapter 466, yeah.
some
some

http://somenights.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vchanfan Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:24 pm

Finished 466 and shared it. As I put with it, there's only one page with a little text on it. ^^
Vchanfan
Vchanfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:46 am

By the way, which chapters in volume 43 and 44 have been scanlated by /a/non back when they were only in magazines? We could maybe scanlate some of those chapters using /a/non's translations while we wait for the new translator to finish chapter 460. Then we can do one / several combo release(s) in the future.
The only aspect of this that makes me hesistant is that /a/non has not given us permission, nor has he forbidden us from doing it. When he announced his retirement last year Dreamingflower sent an e-mail asking if we could use his translations from the magazine scanlations, but he never replied. I think that it would save a lot of time and help us catch up. What do you guys think?
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:51 am

Apparently /a/non's second magazine scanlation is chapter 465 from volume 43. I think that once some has cleaned that chapter, we should scanlate it using /a/non's translation and do a combo release when we have scanlated up to chapter 464.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by some Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:26 pm

It's chapter 466, the one Vchanfan cleaned.
A combo release sounds fine as long as either ch465 or ch467 is indeed close to its release
some
some

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:16 am

Vchanfan, I remember seeing that cleaned chapter 466 zip on Google Drive and getting an e-mail notification about it, but for some weird reason I can't find it now. Can you share it again?
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Vchanfan Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:23 am

I shared it again. Smile
Vchanfan
Vchanfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:50 am

Thanks! I've sent the pages to the typesetter.

I noticed that the PDN to PSD plugin seems to be unable to preserve layers, which was the only reason why it might had been handy to use, so just save it as PNG in the future.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:43 am

I have scans of a French chapter that aren't completely cleaned. Does anyone here feel like finishing them?
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Vchanfan Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:21 am

Got it!

And sure! Which chapter is it?
Vchanfan
Vchanfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:39 am

Chapter 46. I'll e-mail it to you shortly.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:27 am

Will we be finishing B2W2 or just skip to XY?

LyokoGirl5000

Group : Typesetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:40 am

From now on we will only scanlate the proper, full volumes in chronological order, no temporary volumes or magazine chapters. So yes, we will scanlate B2W2, once it's released in volume format.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:51 pm

Got it.

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:28 am

I just got the translation for the v2 of Pokémon Special chapter 457 and sent it to the typesetter and translation checker. (The first scanlation's translation was apparently not very accurate, but we have a skilled translator with us now).
Anyway, Kusaka's and Yamamoto's comments on the dust jacket + the volume summary on the back cover would need to be removed. Does any cleaner feel up to it?
http://jb2448.info/var/albums/Japanese/Pocket_Monsters_SPECIAL_Volume_43/Pokemon_Special_v43_000a.jpg
http://jb2448.info/var/albums/Japanese/Pocket_Monsters_SPECIAL_Volume_43/Pokemon_Special_v43_000b.jpg
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by some Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Here
It has four cleaned layers, depending on which text is needed.
Does the 'b'-file still need cleaning or does it matter which one has the translated volume summary?

Btw sorry for the delay on chapter 465, but it should be up soon.
Last exam for a little while on Monday.
some
some

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:21 pm

Thanks! I guess it doesn't matter which one has the volume summary, but it would be nice for the sake of completion, if it's not too much.

No worries. It'll take a while before we get there either way.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:37 am

Any chance I could QC 457? I'm going to have a lot more time in August.

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Sure. I haven't heard from aureole if the chapter is typesetted yet and I haven't heard anything from nicoleb about the translation checking yet, so it'll probably take a while.

I have an idea about chapter 459. Doing a version with pages from both versions isn't really going anywhere anytime soon it seems. If we want to make it easy for us, we could use aureole's version and have you QC it - since QCing something that the QCer made isn't recommended - and then credit you both for typesetting? No matter what version we use though, we should change the font to CC Wild Words, so that it will be consistent with chapter 457 v2 and look better.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:43 pm

Sure, sounds good.

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by LyokoGirl5000 Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:12 am

Were we targeted by that Anti Piracy effort in Japan? Does anyone have any updates for what's going on right now? It's been quiet.

LyokoGirl5000

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:28 am

Not as far as I know?

aureole is typesetting chapter 457 v2, I will fix a few pages of BW chapter 46 before passing it on to a typesetter and nicoleb will soon release something awesome on the release blog.
We also got a new translation checker (kind of old news, but I don't think I mentioned it). As soon as the translator has more time things should get more active.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next