Team Special Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

difference between Magazines and Volumes PokeSpe

5 posters

Go down

difference between Magazines and Volumes PokeSpe Empty difference between Magazines and Volumes PokeSpe

Post by vi Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:14 am

Can someone tell me the difference between the Magazine scans and the volumes? or are they exactly the same? of course i know the magazines only have one or two chapters but what i mean is, did they have the different story line or something? (example, the volume one is more completed story than magazine)

thank you! Laughing

please delete the thread if it's not allowed
vi
vi

http://vichan91312.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

difference between Magazines and Volumes PokeSpe Empty Re: difference between Magazines and Volumes PokeSpe

Post by Manga Reader X Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:19 pm

I'm not an expert but here is what I do know:

• The artwork is not final.
  • I think I remember that the DPPt arc had some storyline changed from the magazine edition to the volume edition, for the better. (I might be wrong on this one.)
  • Chapters are unnumbered and published randomly. It's a nightmare to keep track of the publishing of magazine chapters and where they fit in, what chapter number they could possibly have and so on.
  • Magazine scans varies a lot in quality from great to "I can't believe a serious company would publish it in this shitty and insulting quality", while volume scans are excellent in quality.
    RAWs from weekly magazines (aka junk magazines) like CoroCoro are bad no matter what, RAWs from monthly magazines are generally good and if it's more seldom than monthly the RAWs are usually great.
  • Magazines are a lot harder to get than the volumes and can cost a little less than what getting a volume costs (if you're in Japan) to 2-3 times as much (import shops and other stores selling it outside of Japan) to eight times as much (import of heavy issues published more than a month ago from sites like Amazon.co.jp shipped internationally).

It's fine. You posted it in the right section and even if you would have posted it elsewhere we would just have moved the thread Wink
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

difference between Magazines and Volumes PokeSpe Empty Re: difference between Magazines and Volumes PokeSpe

Post by vi Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:07 pm

so i assume the volumes one is a lot better than magazine right?

thanks for answering Very Happy
vi
vi

http://vichan91312.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Yeah, the only time I can think of that the magazine edition of a manga could be better than the volume edition is if the volume edition is censored and that has so far not happened with any of the Japanese volumes of Pokémon Special.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardaal Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Thanks, cleared up some things for me too Dx
And made me way more reluctant to work on magazine ones than volumes in future xD

Ardaal

Group : Cleaner

Back to top Go down

Post by I love manga Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:32 am

Just to add, sometimes there're a few new pages (usually 2 or 3) added here and there in the volumes. They're really small details and don't affect/change the story that much, but are still a good bonus. (I always find them nice and/or funny, at least)
And although I hardly believe it's going to happen again, there was a time in the GSC arc that they drastically changed part of the chapters when putting into the volume. To be more precisery, they took 3~4 chapter of a certain point in the story and cut/changed/squished together all of them into a single chapter. It was done more due because of the artist's change back then; it looks like they took the chapters were the difference in the drawing was more evident, and shortened as well as redrawed them to look less awkward.
I love manga
I love manga

Group : Translator (Japanese)

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:33 am

Then there's also the obvious difference that magazine chapters are released a lot earlier. I think maybe even years earlier in PokéSpe's case.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by shadowpanic Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:06 pm

There's also the summaries, character info, and sometimes extra artwork. Volumes are basically the work properly done.

shadowpanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum