Team Special Scans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobilize!! Pokémon Ranger scanlation project

5 posters

Go down

Mobilize!! Pokémon Ranger scanlation project Empty Mobilize!! Pokémon Ranger scanlation project

Post by Manga Reader X Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:23 pm

Discuss the Mobilize!! Pokémon Ranger scanlation project here.

Chapter 0
Cleaner: Striker

Chapter 1
Cleaner: some

Chapter 2
Cleaner: The Usagi Mitchell (inactive)

Chapter 3
Cleaner: XmavisX (inactive)

Last edited by Manga Reader X on Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:02 am; edited 4 times in total
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Mobilize!! Pokémon Ranger scanlation project Empty Re: Mobilize!! Pokémon Ranger scanlation project

Post by Dreamingflower Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:39 am

nice, so you have the translations? or does Kyla need to translate them?
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

Group : Typesetter

https://teamspecialscans.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mobilize!! Pokémon Ranger scanlation project Empty Re: Mobilize!! Pokémon Ranger scanlation project

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:20 am

As I have said in the e-mails there are complete scanlations and bluesun has translation checked chapter 0-2. He has said that he can continue the translation checking when needed. CodeNora has volunteered to clean the raws. Dreamingflower and LyokoGirl5000 have volunteered to typeset it and petermueller88 and someone who wants to remain anonymous have volunteered to quality check it.

I have sent the unresized raws, Photoshop documents and the uncleaned scanlations to you and the other volunteers a while ago. Look at the e-mail conversation or at the 'Shared with me' section on Google Drive and you will find it.

There are complete scanlations of Mobilize!! Pokémon Ranger, but they were never cleaned and they didn't have the original Japanese dialogue removed, so they got really messy when the English translation was added on top of that. More info is in the first e-mail of the e-mail conversation.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:44 am

Oww yeah, I kinda forgot that. silent cept for the unresized raws, since I downloaded them.
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:46 am

some and The Usagi Mitchell have both now agreed to join this project and try to clean.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:10 am

Damn, the PSDs are resized! I hope that all cleaners are cleaning the original raw scans and not the PSDs, because otherwise it looks like you will have to redo it in the original resolution.
I'm sorry. Crying or Very sad
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by The Usagi Mitchell Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Forcing to resize the PSD files into the original RAW's size will make the quality look so low. I've been planning to use the RAW in the first place, no worry for me.

Edit:
and I realized Mobilize!! Pokemon Ranger is not yet on mangaupdates.
The Usagi Mitchell
The Usagi Mitchell

Group : Cleaner

http://theusagimitchel.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:39 pm

Good.

Yeah, MangaUpdates, Bulbapedia and Dogasu's Backpack all lack a lot of Pokémon manga. There are at least 89 different Pokémon manga series (nobody knows exactly how many there are, except for maybe Shogakukan if even they know it). We will list it on MangaUpdates when we have released chapter 0.
It is listed as Set Out!! Pokémon Ranger on Bulbapedia
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Really? I haven't seen it on Bulbapedia's manga list.
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:25 pm

Dreamingflower wrote:Really? I haven't seen it on Bulbapedia's manga list.
It's here: bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_manga#Spin-off_game_adaptations
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:16 am

Thanks for the link. I checked Google translate for the name, and it seems to also call it Mobilize! Pokemon ranger.
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:37 am

I asked the translation checker six months ago what the correct translated name is. He said that both titles are correct, but that he prefers Mobilize since it sounds more fitting in relation to the Ranger organization. I agree with him.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by some Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:59 am

It's been a while now so I was wondering how this project is going.
Also how do the others/you handle the 'levels'/darkness of the scans or lack of contrast/bad quality? Is it just me, whose biggest issue is the 'level'/lack of contrast?
some
some

http://somenights.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:55 pm

some wrote:It's been a while now so I was wondering how this project is going.
CodeNora: Last I heard from her was six weeks ago. I have tried contacting her via two e-mail addresses, her newest deviantART account and her YouTube account, but she hasn't replied. I'm assuming that she isn't as interested in this project as she was when she volunteered up for it.

The Usagi Mitchell: Chapter 2 has been cleaned and QCed. The QC still needs to be implemented.

XmavisX: Chapter 3 is in progress.

some wrote:Also how do the others/you handle the 'levels'/darkness of the scans or lack of contrast/bad quality? Is it just me, whose biggest issue is the 'level'/lack of contrast?
I have never cleaned or typeset anything in my life. The only thing I can do is some basic image editing and make fancy staff emblems. You will have to ask the other cleaners that.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by some Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:58 am

Manga Reader X wrote:You will have to ask the other cleaners that.
Actually I was hoping they'd give an answer here.
May I have a look at at least one of the cleaned chapter 2 scans? This might be a huge help as well.

Manga Reader X wrote:Last I heard from her was six weeks ago.
What'll happen to chapter 0 then for the time being?
some
some

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:00 am

some wrote:
Manga Reader X wrote:You will have to ask the other cleaners that.
Actually I was hoping they'd give an answer here.
May I have a look at at least one of the cleaned chapter 2 scans? This might be a huge help as well.

Manga Reader X wrote:Last I heard from her was six weeks ago.
What'll happen to chapter 0 then for the time being?
Yeah, they will probably see it here sooner or later. I was just saying that I can't personally instruct you how to clean this.
I'll send you every cleaned scan I have of Mobilize.

I think I will assign chapter 0 to another cleaner soon if CodeNora doesn't respond.
Dreamingflower, could you tell Nora this via tumblr?
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamingflower Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:27 am

Alright. :3
Dreamingflower
Dreamingflower
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:51 am

Vsyoravno has agreed to debind her magazines and rescan the whole thing to PNG-files at 300 DPI, which should make the cleaning a lot easier. However, she said that it will probably be about a month because the magazines are in storage and she has to look for them.
Here are some other magazine RAWs that she has scanned, so that you get an idea of the quality she scans in (though the paper quality of the magazines varies a lot):
http://jb2448.info/Pokemon_Ranger_Manga/The_1st_Mission/RAW
http://jb2448.info/Pokemon_Ranger_Manga/Top_Ranger/RAWs
http://jb2448.info/Pokemon_Ranger_Manga/Hero_of_Oblivia/RAW

Now there's the question what we should do with the scans that are already cleaned. I know that at least some has gotten quite far with chapter 1. Would the quality differ much between the cleaned version you are working on right now and a version cleaned from debound magazine RAWs? And which would be faster and easier? Finishing the version based on non-debound RAWs or starting over with debound RAWs?
And how is it going for you Striker?
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Striker Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:34 am

Like I said I lost the files somehow( I blame my family I never delete important files ever) and looked for them up until a few days ago. Today I was going to get the files again and try to redo them and get to where I was previously.
Striker
Striker

Back to top Go down

Post by some Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Wow that's good news!
This should be A LOT easier to clean. (Though the scans are sometimes a little bit dark, but god I don't really want to whine about that)
Yes, the quality would differ noticeably. And although my previous efforts would be in vain, I'd prefer starting over with debound RAWs, because the results would be better and they're easier to handle (and it might be even faster).
some
some

Back to top Go down

Post by Manga Reader X Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:33 pm

Striker wrote:Like I said I lost the files somehow( I blame my family I never delete important files ever) and looked for them up until a few days ago. Today I was going to get the files again and try to redo them and get to where I was previously.
Sorry, I forgot about that. Well, now you can wait with Mobilize until we have better RAWs.

some wrote:Wow that's good news!
This should be A LOT easier to clean. (Though the scans are sometimes a little bit dark, but god I don't really want to whine about that)
Yes, the quality would differ noticeably. And although my previous efforts would be in vain, I'd prefer starting over with debound RAWs, because the results would be better and they're easier to handle (and it might be even faster).
Sound's good. And the RAWs will be dark no matter how they are scanned since they are from cheap junk magazines with shitty paper quality. (Some magazines even recycle paper by blending the paper with red dye to save some money which results in even more horrible paper quality, just look at this shit). My guess is that the scans are pretty close to what the original pages look like when it comes to darkness.
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X
Manga Reader X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down